Tuesday 17 January 2012

Templates and Trials

Just finished the fifth block in the Sew Happy Quiltalong. According to Jenna it was designated for slightly advanced beginners, which certainly means I am a beginner and far from advanced!


I had a bit of bother with the templates as I couldn't get my head round "sticking" the templates to the fabric and kept shaving slivers off of the template every time I cut! Jenna does talk about using a Lazy Angle ruler and I suspect that if I had had one of these I wouldn't have had so much trouble. Still the end result is not a disaster and with only one block this week I have time (if maybe not enough fabric) to make another if I decide it will turn out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...