Monday 3 September 2012

Flea Market Finds

We visited the biannual Flea Market again at the weekend and this time we didn't have to leap over puddles or avoid large swathes of mud to see the stalls. Although we would have been able to see these items without any problem, mud and puddles or not!

Not really your average Sunday morning purchase.

Last time we visited there was a tank for sale but it wasn't there this time, presumably it had been sold in the meantime. The parking charges would be astronomical I would have thought, but maybe if you are driving a tank you don't need to worry about parking charges :)

I was momentarily tempted by these

Think how crisp my seams would be, but then I thought of my arms and thought better of it. I was even more tempted by this

Isn't it a beauty and only 10Ls, which is about £14? I took this photo intending to come back for it later but then my heart was stolen by this instead.

It is a working model, and although I have no idea what I will do with it, I am already envisioning many happy hours in the winter cleaning and polishing, well it will be a form of housework. It will certainly be handy in a power cut too! Although it is not exactly lightweight so my arms may get that workout after all.

Hope you have had a good weekend too.


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous machine - not surprised you couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That's an old machine. Is it a treadle machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er is that a sub-machine gun? I'm glad you went for the beautiful vintage sewing machine instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine that your new machine is really, really heavy, but it's very pretty. My problem would be where to put it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have the same problem Fiona, but that is for another day!

      Delete
  5. Everyone should have an Uzi in the corner of their living room ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say as I have ever seen a gun at a flea market here. Interesting! You new machine looks delightful, I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the sewing machine is a much better purchase than the guns and/or tank!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminds me of the Russian market in Warsaw, full of weapons and bootleg vodka! I would have definitely bought the tank...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that does make for an interesting flea market! I don't know how you resisted the temptation of the tank last visit though... Really, wouldn't that make quite the conversation piece in the centre of your yard?!

    Love love love the "new" machine. Even if you don't use it - it really does look pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...