Monday 12 November 2012

Squares all round

I am gradually getting my sewing supplies back together although my stash aka "various cloth pieces" are still hidden away in the storage unit! I have, however, uncovered my scrap bags so I was able to sew the purple blocks for this month in the Sunday Morning Quilts Bee.


I have fallen way behind on my Craftsy and In Color Order HST  BOM quilts, both of which were intended to be Christmas presents, although that is looking less likely as each day passes! In a quiet moment yesterday though, whilst the men of the household were ensconced in front of the rugby I did at least make a start of cutting out the squares for the HST BOM.

It is not much but at least it is a start!

Although I haven't yet come across my stash my fabric cupboard is not entirely bare.

These are the fabrics I received from the Christmas Layer Cake swap, one of which has already been put to good use in my project for the Sew Seasonal Blog Hop.

Check out the remaining posts in the Blog Hop if you have Christmas fabric waiting to be used too!

12th November: Megan from Jaffa Quilts & Jane from QuiltJane 
13th November: Gemma from Pretty Bobbins
 
Just in case my stash remains absent for too long I treated myself to some fabric bundles too. An almost bare fabric cupboard makes me twitchy :)

 I am having a bit of a purple month! This bundle has been on my wish list for a while so when it was reduced at Fabricworm, it was too good an opportunity to miss.


These fabrics are destined for gifts for my eldest and middle sons. The eldest works in the fine wine trade and my middle son works in publishing so they were too apt to pass up. Well that is my excuse anyway.

Hope you had a more productive weekend than I did.

It is the last week of the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop so Beth has a bumper crop of bloggers lined up. Check them out below. There will be plenty of inspiration there I am sure!

         Cynthia from A Quilter by Night
         Stephanie from Smalltown Dreamz
         Cynthia from Quilt Doodle Doodles
         Diane from From Blank Pages
         Laura from Waffle Kisses
         Mary Ann from Rocknquilts
         Angela from Angela B
         Jaime from Stitches to Sprinkles
         Allegory from {sew} Allegorical
         Alyce from Blossom Heart Quilts
         Lynne from Bouts Choisis
         Nat from Made in Home
         Francine from Mocha Wild Child
         Lyanna from Purple Panda Quilts
         Stacey from The Tilted Quilt

14 comments:

  1. Those blocks are lovely!
    I am seriously lacking in purples, so might have a peek at that bundle!!
    That wine fabric is great and that book fabric would make a great kindle cover!! Definitely to good to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun purples blocks. :) I know all about feeling twitchy and having stuff hidden away in storage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet it feels more like home now you've done some stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks! I love the color. You did have a productive week and even if your fabric is still in storage(and great excuse to buy some more) you have great choices I love your new fabric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you're back into the sewing already! And I think you have the perfect excuse for more fabric purchasing! Loving that book print.

    Your Bee blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty blocks! I love the books fabric - I'll be interested to see how you use that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the scrap bags! And of course now you need to start filling your 'new' sewing space with new fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't cope with a bare fabric cupboard, either... LOL!!! Love the fabric with the wine bottles... look forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sensible to hold off buying those yummy fabrics until *after* having had to confess to a stash value for the move!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must be tough to be away from a lot of your sewing supplies! I love your new fabrics and those purple blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that Christmas fabric! I hope you might have all your stash available in order soon...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Busy-busy Miss Fiona! Love those fabrics in the last photo--the ones for your sons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blocks are beautiful and those fabrics for your son are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is this no reply too? I'm now using a different tablet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...